Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Already Started

After picking up Charis from her first day EVER of preschool, I was excited to hear all the wonderful things she did that day.  Strangely, I was met with a solemn child and after a few questions I was told, "I don't want to tell you anything".

Ok.  I can empathize.  She's had a big day and I'll give her space and allow her to process this eventful day.  After a few minutes of driving, she was ready to share her day, "Mommy, I need new tennis shoes.  Mine are ugly and scratched.  Everyone has pretty new tennis shoes.  I need Dora light-up shoes".

Are you kidding me?  Charis' first memory of school is that her mother had the audacity to send her to the first day of school with old tennis shoes on!?

And now I get to spend the rest of the year keeping up with the Jones' kids?

Nice.