Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Frame With a Purpose

I have a cute frame.

Andrea gave it to one of my girls at their baby shower.  For some reason I haven't taken the time to put a picture in it (I know, some photographer, right?), so for two to five years it's sat empty.  I found it in a box.

I put it on my shelf to remind me to insert the perfect picture.


That was three weeks ago.  There it sits telling the world a mysterious someone is wonderfully made.

Then it hit me.  Could this frame be a metaphor for who I am as a parent?

Do I know the truth that my children are wonderfully made in the likeness of God, but for two years the message sits empty on my shelf?  Have I failed to daily convey value to God's mini trophies?

You see, if I forget to transfer this essential message, then I will raise fearful children, who become peer pleasing teens, who become insecure adults with a lack of value and purpose.

As children, little girls never doubt that they are princesses (complete with peanut butter on the chin).


And Boys?  Of course they are superheroes!


As life battles to destroy our children's value, we, as parents, must daily fight with purpose to preserve it!  They are princesses and superheroes, and they are meant for greater purpose.

Today I will fill my frame and declare to my children, "YOU are wonderfully made".



"For I know the plans for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11