Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week One

Well, we've been away from St. Louis for one week. Now that most of our boxes are put away & life is starting to take on some semblance of routine, I have had time to let myself feel the weight of our decision to follow the leading of God. It wasn't exactly what I had planned to feel.
I was pretty sad on Sunday. I didn't feel how I thought I would at church & I was more homesick than I could ever remember being in my life. I missed Destiny.
Well, Sunday was a beautiful day, so Matt thought it an excellent idea for all of us to go outside & enjoy the weather (in hopes to lift my mood). I got PoPo's shoes on and proceeded to follow Matt & Charis out into the back yard only to begin to slip & sink in the mud. "Oh, I forgot to tell you it's muddy," Matt hollers from across the yard. Perfect. My day was just perfect.

A couple of days ago it was a gloomy rainy day & I thought, "hmmm, how befitting of how I feel."

After a nap & a McDonald's Coke my mood lightened.
I HAVE found much joy in our new (well, new to us) retro leather couch we bought for $35 just before we left St. Louis. It fits perfect in our new living room. When I feel lonely I sit on it. It makes me happy.

Charis & Porter have adapted well. In fact, Sunday at our church's welcome potluck, Charis sat at her chair saying hi & holding a complete conversation with everyone who walked by.

Porter just enjoys chillin' with his dad & tries to sneak in some typing when daddy's not looking.